He occasionally speaks incoherently to me. - Kevin Durant on Dillon Brooks' trash talk and "evil" reputation

He occasionally speaks incoherently to me. - Kevin Durant on Dillon Brooks' trash talk and "evil" reputation

KEVIN DURANT


The 27-year-old Canadian has gained notoriety recently thanks to a stream of insults that seems never-ending. Last month, when Ja Morant was out, the Memphis Grizzlies guard truly seemed to find his voice, with Draymond Green emerging as his first significant foe. 

Both during and after the game, the two traded insults, with Brooks insulting Green and the Golden State Warriors in front of the media. Green declined to answer at the time. Fans eventually understood that he did it because they wanted to hear about it on his podcast.

Dillon Brook


When he did, the seasoned player from Golden State dismissed Brooks and the Grizzlies as competitive foes. It didn't stop Brooks from continuing to speak negatively, though. Kevin Durant spoke about his shenanigans in a recent episode of "Boardroom."

"I believe that he is deciding in his mind, "Well, this is what I want to be in this league, and I'm going to prove it every time I step out on the floor," Garnett remarked. "Well, occasionally he speaks to me crudely, and I tell him, "Yo, just relax tonight." But I can appreciate that each time he plays, he brings that intensity to the game. He is not putting up a front.

Dillon Brook


You say so much little slick sh*t to each other throughout the game that it's not really a big deal when it's over with. It's just a part of the dialogue. Sometimes, you don't even know what you're sayin', it just comes out. We're just so conditioned to be on that court and compete against one another."

No comments

Powered by Blogger.